为何词语量大≠英文牛?由于最容易的词反而有更多的使用方法。譬如晋升为英文神曲的《Let it go》,你了解ta还有多少种意思可以表达吗?
Let’s go!
咱们走吧!
Let’s go home.
咱回家吧。
Let’s go for a walk.
咱们去散散步吧。
Let’s go shopping.
咱们去逛街吧。
Let me have a go.
让我试一下。
Let go! You’re hurting me.
放开我!你弄疼我了。
Sometimes you just have to learn to let go.
有时你需要掌握放手。
The police had to let him go.
警察只好放了他。
I’m afraid we had to let you go.
恐怕大家要请你走人了。(解雇人的婉转说法)Why don’t you just let yourself go?
你为何不可以轻松一下呢?
He’s really let himself go since his wife died.
自从他老婆过世,他就自暴自弃了。
I’ll let it go this time.
这次我就放你一马。
It’s time to let the past go.
是时候让过去的事翻篇了。
I couldn’t let it go for less than 100 yuan.
少于100块我可不卖。