Part I Listening Comprehension (20 minutes)
1. A) See a doctor.
2. C) The woman prefers to take the 2:30 train.
3. D) She’ll consult Dr.Garcia about entering graduate school.
4. A) Alice didn’t seem to be nervous during her speech..
5. C) There are more extremes in the weather.
6. B) At a bookstore.
7. A) The man can stay in her brother’s apartment.
8. C) It’s more effective to combine listening with reading.
9. B) It will most likely prove ineffective.
10. D) Apply for a job in the electronic company.
11. D) It reduces the chance of death for heart surgery patients.
12. A) It keeps blood vessels from being blocked.
13. A) It is harmful to heart surgery patients with stomach bleeding.
14. B) They are very likely to succeed in life.
15. C) They get less attention from their parents.
16. A)They usually don’t follow family rules.
17. C)They were puzzled by his decision.
18. B) It is much cheaper than space travel.
19. B) They can both be quite challenging.
20. D) To explain why he took up underwater exploration.
Part II Reading Comprehension (35 minutes)
21. D)People the world over enjoy eating their company’s potato chips
22. D)It needs to turn to the word market for development.
23. A)consumers worldwide today are attracted by global brands
24. B)To promote the company’s strategy of globalization.
25. C)will be in the interest of the local people
26. A)A huge financial problem has arisen.
27. C) They pooled their efforts to help solve it.
29. A)To see if there was a deliberate cover-up of the problem.
30. D)keep people properly informed of the crisis
31. D)put up with
32. B)stay away from
33. C)doing challenging work may be good for one’s health
34. B) the outcome was beyond their control
35. C)short bursts of stress hormones enhance memory function
36. D) the child may feel that he owes her an apology
37. B)I’m aware you’re upset ,but I’m not to blame
38. C)it is vague and ineffective
39. B)their ages should be taken into account
40. D) not as simple as it seems
Part III Vocabulary (20minutes)
41. C) fate
42. B) delivery
43. A) enthusiasm
44. B) witnesses
45. A) unstable
46. D) take on
47. A) see to
48. D) Nevertheless
49. C) loan
50. D) locate
51. A) excuse
52. C) targets
53. B) source
55. D) flexible
56. B)get over
57. A) In view of
58. C) transferred
59. D) insert
60. B) decorated
61. D)turn down
62. B)at intervals
63. A) deposit
64. D) keen
65. A) Excessive
66. C)not to speak of
67. A) involve
68. B) may
69. D)concerned about
70. D) anniversary
Part IV Close (15 minutes)
71. A) called
72. A) accident
74. A) confronted
75. B) to
76. C) when
81. C) but
83. A) include
84. D) stressful
85. A) who
87. C) used to
90. C) least
Part V Writing (30 minutes)
Directions: For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write a short essay entitled Should the University Campus Be Open to Tourists? You should write at Least 120 words following the outline given below :
Should the University Campus Be Open to tourism?
Nowadays, many famous university campuses have become one of the popular tourist attraction. It has been shown on TV and on the radio that every year thousands and thousands of middle school students visit Tsing Hua University and Peking University and other famous universities in China. In the place far away from the capital city, the local students also visit the universities famous in their own province.
So far as the present situation is concerned, is it a good or bad thing to open the university campus for tourists? Different people have different opinions. On one hand, some people argued that it is a good thing for the students to visit the famous university campus in that it can enable the middle students to get more information about the university and they can have enough time and opportunity to prepare themselves with the chance to get into the university. On the other hand, some people hold a negative view about this phenomenon. In their opinion, the
public tourism will have negative effect on the universities because it will not only do harm to the environment but also to the intellectual atmosphere.
In my opinion, the tourism to the universities is not a good thing. The campus is mainly a place for study . With the increasing tourism on the campus, it will ruin the spiritual atmosphere in this learning field.